Saturday, January 12, 2013

Why oh why??

As a child, I think one of the most common thoughts to enter my head was "Dad, I need help". Fastforward. I got married. I had my first child. And suddenly my whole being was screaming "Mum, I need help!, I don't know how to do this Mummy thing, I don't understand this baby or what I'm supposed to do with it, what the f#@*& is all this breast milk spewing everywhere, and why can't I stop crying?" Well, those were just a few of the many questions racing through my head.

Three weeks after my first child was born, I was still crying. So my precious Mummy literally flew - from Switzerland to New Zealand - to my rescue. I can't begin to describe the feelings of relief as she arrived and took over the kitchen and the running of the house for most of the time she was here. But the most precious gift she gave me was to help me get organised before her departure. About a week before she left, she got me into weekly "meal planning". I have since become this super organized meal planner and shopping list maker. I have the weekly menu on the fridge (thank you to The Organized Housewife), and next to it a super cute magnetized shopping list (thank you Pheonix Trading!). As soon as something in the pantry or the fridge is running out, up it goes on the list.



I don't know about you, but one of the biggest stresses of running a household is "what's for dinner?", whether from your husband, your partner, your kids, your flatmates or yourself. Moreover I hate going grocery shopping with a passion. While it does usually mean a break from home and the kids, it gets my stress levels soaring and my feet just itch to run right out of the store. So now, I just have to go once a week, and I only need to worry about what to cook once a week too. Thank you Mummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment