Sunday, October 30, 2016

Chocolate Mousse



Sugar Free, THM-S, LCHF
For 4 people

Right. The pictures I posted on facebook of this deliciousness in a bowl got such an overwhelming response and beggings for the recipe that I thought I would share it far and wide :-).

This dessert was famous in La Neuveville, my home town in Switzerland, and was often requested. For some unknown reason I stopped making it for several years, but there you go, I made it again on Saturday for movie night at a friend's and fell in love with it all over again.

It comes from the book ("Croqu' Menus") I got for my home education class in Year 7, class otherwise known at the time as "la popotte".

Enjoy, and do try not to dribble or fall off your chair when you eat it!

Also, DO lick the bowl!



_________________________________________________________________________

Ingredients:

2 egg yolks
2 tbsp erythritol/xylitol/Natvia - or sugar if you must
100g dark chocolate (I use 85%)
1 tbsp strong coffee (or to taste)
2 egg whites
2 dl cream

Method:

Beat the egg yolks and sweetener of choice until light and frothy. 
Melt the chocolate in a bain-marie.
Add melted chocolate to egg yolk mixture and stir in.
Add coffee and stir in.
Beat egg whites until firm peaks form, and whip cream.
Add egg whites and cream, alternatively and DELICATELY.

Gently pour into a bowl or individual dishes.
Lick the bowl.
Regrigerate for 2 hours.

Decorate with chocolate shavings and/or strawberries and/or extra whipped cream.

Eat and taste a slice of heaven.

1 comment:

  1. C'est mon péché mignon ;)
    Ma recette est encore plus simple, chocolat et des oeufs et c'est très bon !
    Chloé

    ReplyDelete