Wednesday, January 14, 2015

To the trudging



I had two hours to myself on Saturday - bless my husband. So I went for a walk along the seaside, and as I watched my feet, advancing, one in front of the other, over and over again, it dawned on me that this is much what my life is like at the moment.

Doing one thing after another, day after day, and doing so almost like an automat. Pretty boring and unexciting.

But then I stopped in my tracks and thought: it doesn't have to be this way. It is in my power to make a conscious decision to do a few fun things, to notice the beautiful, to treasure the moment and to transform the mundane into precious sparkling moments. So I took a few pictures for you of things that struck me as beautiful or interesting.

 
I saw a beautiful white flower on its own on the side of the road. Much like me at that moment, being blown around in the wind, but holding firm by its roots.
 
What are your roots?
 
For me, it's first and foremost my faith in God. Second, my husband. Third, my kids. They are my three constants, who guide me through life.
 

 
I also admired the beautiful blue and sparkling sea, the vivid azure of the sky, the soft and fluffy clouds, and the brilliantly red pohutukawa trees. I sat in awe of nature, listening to the soothing sound of the sea. My soul was overcome with peace and tranquillity. I could feel my emotional and spiritual batteries getting charged up.
 
It was a gift.
 
A magical moment that came unexpected, but which I opened myself to.

 

 
After that, it was time for a coffee. Alas, it was disappointing. Not hot enough and too bitter. However, I decided to stay in my positive frame of mind. I enjoyed sitting outside, and just watching people walk by. In the world of a Mum with young children, sitting down and doing nothing equates to a magical moment.
 

 
And as I write these words for you, I am on my own again. I feel so lucky and privileged to have a husband who sees my need for time alone and who makes it happen (and yeah - that's an empty iced coffee container in the background, tsk tsk.)
 
Be encouraged today.
 
If you feel like you're trudging along, you are not alone. Far from it. Take a minute to breathe deeply and be aware of one beautiful thing, thought, smell or person around you.
 
Kia kaha! Be strong!

3 comments:

  1. Ah. This tells me how you are getting one! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not too bad :-). Highs and lows, as always. The few hours I work in the local cafe do help I must say. Brings a little ballance during the holidays :-)

      Delete
    2. Yes, not too bad :-). Highs and lows, as always. The few hours I work in the local cafe do help I must say. Brings a little ballance during the holidays :-)

      Delete