Thursday, February 13, 2014

The dreaded weigh-in




Well, I'm a little down in the dumps tonight. I had my weekly weigh-in and I had only lost 100g. In case you're a new reader, I'll put you in the picture. From October 2012 to March 2013,

I lost 20kgs. 

And I was down proud of myself. Then started the long road to stabilization and to keeping that weight. It's so much harder than losing weight! So by August I was

up to 74kgs.


I joined Weight Watchers, because I'm the kinda girl who needs accountability. I need to know that I'm gonna get weighed every week. It worked. Late November I was back

down to 71kgs. 

Then came my dear father in law, whom I love dearly, but who takes us out to restaurants all the time. Then came Christmas and New Year celebrations. And - no WW meetings... At the first January weigh-in, I was

back up to 74kgs. 

Argh!!! My heart fell and I was so discouraged. But I'm not the kinda girl who's going to stay down. So I picked myself up and started watching what I was eating again. I still get to eat delicious things. But in moderation.


I've been trying harder the past two weeks. I went to the weekly weigh-in tonight, pretty confident. But I left with my heart in my feet, and looking at my feet.

I hate this love-hate relationship I have with food. I love good food. And I love eating. But I feel so much better now that I'm lighter and I have this huge fear of becoming very overweight again.

If you can relate, that's cool. If you can't, that's cool too. And if you're thinking, "man, what is she complaining about, she's lost all that weight already!", I hear ya, and that's cool. We're all at different stages. Some of us are happy with our body shape, some of us aren't. If we're not, and there's something healthy we can do about it, then we probably should. If we are happy, hallelujah, praise God!

I already feel much better having shared with you all. I love being open and honest. If you're struggling with weight-loss, or weight management, or body image, I'd love to hear from you. We're all in this together and we can support each other.


And now I will leave you for today and go and track what I ate today, because I haven't been doing that since early December, and maybe, maybe, there's the key for me.

Despite this battle with food, I must say that I pretty much like my body these days. Stretch marks and all. In my next post, I will share some of the steps I've worked out to positive body image.

Kia Kaha, Be Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment